I can't believe it's been over 4 months since I've blogged...
Live has been busy and I honestly just haven't had the time to sit and write.
Since the last time we talked a lot has happened...
5) Ahhhh...a day in the life of Bailey-dawg!
6) I have been able to re-invent the pieces that I already own by using them in different areas, and using them in different ways..
7) I JUST completed my first half marathon on Sunday...
8) I have been training since February and have ran a total of 213 miles from beginning to end!
9) This was SUCH an accomplishment for me, as I NEVER thought I could do it!
This is what you will need (for one topiary):
-A straight stick from your yard
-Green floral wire
-One terracotta pot or any pot you have laying around
-Spray paint in the color of your choice
-3 bunches of bouquest style leaves
-Hot glue gun
-Styrofoam Ball or form
Here ya go!
1. Spray paint your terracotta pot and distress it with a sheet of sand paper.
2. Stick your styrofoam form into the pot and hot glue around the edges so it stays put.
3. Add your straight stick centered on the top of the ball.
4. Take your bouquet style leaves and cut them so they are single sticks.
5. Pull the top leaf off and bend the top of the wire into a U-shape (you will use these top pieces later).
6. Push all of the leaves up to the top until the U-shape stops them from moving.
7. Use one stem as your base and one-by-one wrap all of the other stems around that one..this should eventually form a ball shape.
8. Cut all remaining stems off of...besides your one base stem.
9. When the ball is as big as you want it, glue the single stem to the top of your straight stick.
10. Take the extra pieces, from STEP 5, and hot glue around the bottom of the topiary ball to hide all of the imperfections.
11. Add your moss around the base of your base of your stick.
This is what it SHOULD look like....