Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas at The Weathered Bungalow

 It's my favorite time of the year!!!

I decorated a week before Thanksgiving in my neck of the woods, and if it wasn't weird, I would have decorated at Halloween....

That's how much I love Christmas!

For me, the day after Christmas is the saddest day of the year..

Anyway, here are some shots of my home at Christmas...




I had an extra canvas in my garage with a painting I had done back when I was in college and it was just collecting dust, so I decided to create a piece of artwork for Christmas...

I had all of the paint in the garage...

I sprayed the whole canvas with the grayish-brown color, and then I free-handed the "reindeer..."

And when I say free-handed, I mean I printed out a picture of what I wanted and THEN I drew it out..

After that I used the wall color that was leftover to paint out the deer silhouette.

Total Cost: $0.00

That's my kinda artwork!!!

















I only bought a handful of things to add to the tree and they came from Walmart...

Super cheap...and CUTE!




We has a huge "wind storm" about a week ago in Fresno and branches from our neighbors pine tree broke off into our backyard...

I, LITERALLY, have used the branches all over the house!

The wind storm came at the perfect time..

I put one of the branches in a white jug and will hang all of my Christmas cards from it.







The entire time I was taking pictures, Bailey was looking at me like I was disturbing her...

She kind of looks evil...

Hope you enjoyed the little tour...



4 comments:

  1. Love it, Meredith! I especially love the reindeer you painted! My tree looks a lot like yours with the burlap. We have such similar taste, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meredith! Love all of your decor! I especially love seeing the evergreen sprigs tied on the back of your dining chairs. Just something so holidayish about that. :) Great job! Looks just beautiful!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It is all so very beautiful. I love the chair decorations they are adorable. Thank you so much for sharing. I have enjoyed looking around your special place. I will follow on my way out so as I can keep in touch. I hope you will find the time to pop over to my place soon and do the same. Whilst I am here I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and look forward to engaging and supporting you more in the New Year! Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete