I baked a delicious dessert last night and I thought I'd share the recipe with you all...
It was SOOOOO yummy so I hope you enjoy!
- 4 large McIntosh or Empire apples, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup instant oatmeal mix or rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, a healthy grating
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or walnut pieces or pecans
- 1 pint Slow Churned Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Whipped cream, in a canister
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Sprinkle cored apples with lemon juice. Mix next 7 ingredients and over-stuff apples. Bake 20 minutes in a small oven safe dish. Transfer apples to small bowls with a spoon and top with ice cream and whipped cream.
My apples were HUGE, so I had to bake them for about 30 minutes instead of 20...
This is what your oatmeal mixture should look like...
When you stuff your apples, make sure you press down and put as much of the mix in each
apple as you can, because the mix will flatten out when is bakes...
This is what your apples will look like when you pull them out of the oven. Stick a fork into one of the apples and make sure that it's soft but not mushy...
Add Vanilla Bean ice cream and fresh whip cream to each apple...